You may make bookings either by telephone on 01983 756050 or by email to email@example.com. There is an answerphone service if the office is closed. Any bookings made will remain provisional until we receive back a completed booking form and the appropriate deposit, at which time the booking will be made firm.
Booking early is best for securing your first choice. However, please remember that we will need full payment of your holiday if you are booking within four weeks of your start day.
Arrival and Departure:
Arrival and departure days are usually Fridays, but short breaks or out of season bookings can start any day of the week to suit you if there is availability.
Your cottage will be ready for you to take over at any time after 4 p.m. at the start of your holiday and key instructions will be e-mailed the week of arrival. Please do not arrive early, time is needed to thoroughly clean and check the cottage between lets.
For the same reason, please note that you should leave your cottage by 10.00 am on departure day. Our cottage is thoroughly cleaned between holidays, however, because only a limited period is available in which to clean, we ask that you leave the cottage and its contents as tidy as possible and leave us a note to report any faults or damage. If you can report any faults or damage as they occur that is very helpful to us. We take a £100 deposit refundable on departure.
All damages and breakages are the responsibility of the Hirer, and their cost shall be refundable on demand. However, minor damage or breakages will not normally be charged.
All our holiday houses are heated and in addition, Kings Lodge, Kings Orchard and Estuary Cottage have an open fire or log-burning stove (logs provided). Central heating is fully inclusive.
Well behaved pets are welcome at Kings Lodge, Kings Orchard, Estuary Cottage and The Farm Shop by prior arrangement but we make a £20 charge per dog. You are requested not to allow pets to foul the area around the property, and to make sure they do not go upstairs or use the furniture or bedding. You should also be aware that there are farm dogs and animals on the Estate. Dogs are not permitted at Kings Hill.
Linen and towels are provided but you will need to bring your own beach towels.
Visitors with Mobility Difficulties:
The Old Farm Shop is ideal for those with mobility issues, but please ring if you have guests with mobility difficulties and we can advise individually. We have a full accessibility statement available on request.
The maximum number of persons, as stated in the brochure, should not be exceeded without permission. The owners reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties which may, in their opinion, be unsuitable for the property concerned. The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all responsible care of it. All equipment, utensils etc. must be clean and the property must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
The use of the amenities, where offered, such as swimming pool, tennis court etc. is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the user's or visitor's belongings. However, we do not seek to exclude or limit liability for negligence.
If the hirer is not entirely satisfied with the accommodation offered, he should contact the office immediately and we will attempt to resolve the problem.
- A deposit of one half the rent is payable on confirmation of bookings. The balance of the total rent is due 30 days before commencement of tenancy. If the balance of the total rent remains unpaid, the owner reserves the right to re-let the property and the deposit payment will be forfeited.
- Upon payment of the deposit and subject to the acceptance of the booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent for the full period of the letting.
- Under no circumstances shall the maximum accommodation indicated for a cottage or house be exceeded without prior permission.
- Tenants are liable to pay for any breakages or damage at replacement value.
- Before tenant's arrival, the house will have been thoroughly cleaned, Tenants are requested to leave the house as far as possible in the condition that they would like to find it, i.e. all crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, cooker, refrigerator, baths and sinks in a clean condition and furniture in its proper place. The Owners reserve the right to make a charge for any tenant who leaves the house or equipment excessively dirty.
- Pets are permitted by prior agreement only. £20 is charged per dog (excluding Kings Hill)
- Tenants are requested to respect the wildlife, farm animals and the Country Code of Conduct
- The Estate shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expenses, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to person or property which the applicant or any other person may suffer or sustain arising out of or in respect of any letting.
- The Estate gives all information and makes all statements in good faith, and uses its best endeavours to check, so far as it is reasonably able, all information given to the applicant. The Estate shall not, however, in any event, be liable for any damage or loss resulting from information given or statements made whether made orally or in writing.
- The property owner or his representatives shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- If you have a complaint during your stay, please contact The Estate Office immediately. No complaints can be considered after your departure from the property.